Miley Cyrus: Everyone Thinks I’m the 'White Nicki Minaj'


Mystical ex-mouseketeer Miley Cyrus has shapeshifted her way out of the confines of the Disney Channel into an unstoppable twerking machine the second a beat drops.
Doesn’t matter what it is. It can be the trap track playing on Power 106 this very moment, Miley twerks. You can take a spoon from your kitchen and hit it against a wooden block in rhythmic time, Miley be twerkin’.
Just don’t mistake all that enthusiasm for Nicki Minaj. She may have dressed up as her for Halloween last year, but that was then (when the goal of the holiday is to convincingly blur the lines between you and the identity of your costume) and this is now (not Halloween).

"A lot of people wanted to try to make me the white Nicki Minaj,” Miley said of her new image to Billboard magazine, of which she also covers. "That's not what I'm trying to do. I love 'hood' music, but my talent is as a singer."
For Miley, it’s not even really about Image (capital “I”) to begin with. All attention should be paid to her sound, which she has been working on all this time with laser focus.
“I’ve always wanted country-rock influences, but now I’m moving over to a more urban side,” she said. “It’s not a hip-hop album, though, it’s a pop album. I’m not coming in trying to rap. It’s more like, ‘I don’t see any girls out there doing what Miguel and Frank Ocean are doing.’”
Take it or leave it, your judgments have minimal affect on Miley. For instance, concerning the drug-infused subject matter of her lead single “We Can’t Stop,” she said, “I didn’t make this song for the critics, but for the people living it.”
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment