Kanye West: I Am Steve Jobs, Walt Disney and Anna Wintour

No need to look anywhere else but here, because the best celebrity interview you’ll read all week was just graciously placed on everyone’s doorsteps this morning in the shape of a New York Times article with a giant Kanye West bow on it.
In reporter Jon Caramanica’s tête-à-tête with the rapper, the two cover more ground than expected. In addition to the process of his soon-to-drop album Yeezus, ‘Ye also touches on everything from Taylor Swift to that Juicy Couture polo shirt he wore during the Hurricane Katrina Benefit and the results are a gold mine of quotable phrases.

His ability to maneuver from self-awareness to complete obliviousness and back again, all within a single sentence, will make for some great memes, which are sure to hit the Internet by noon today.
Here are selected excerpts of his more gloriously egotistical comments sans any context, which is just how we like our green eggs, Kanye, and H.A.M.:
·      “I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z.”
·      “You know, if Michael Jordan can scream at the refs, me as Kanye West, as the Michael Jordan of music, can go and say, ‘This is wrong.’”
·      “I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things.”
·      “It’s only led me to complete awesomeness at all times. It’s only led me to awesome truth and awesomeness. Beauty, truth, awesomeness. That’s all it is.”
·      “Yeah. I love the fact that I’m bad at [things], you know what I’m saying?”
·      “At the time, they used to have the Virgin music [stores], and I would go there and just go up the escalator and say to myself, ‘I’m soaking in these last moments of anonymity.’”
·      “…you know, this one Corbusier lamp was like, my greatest inspiration.”
·      “I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.”
·      “Why do you want to control me? Like, I want the world to be better! All I want is positive! All I want is dopeness! Why would you want to control that?”
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment