Brooke Shields had tricks up her sleeve to escape Hollywood destruction


Brooke Shields, 47-year-old model and actress, who debuted as a child prostitute at the age of 12 in the controversial Pretty Baby opens up and shared that she had ways to abstain from walking on the path of destruction. A mother of two, married to Chris Henchy, Shields is known for her roles in The Blue Lagoon, That 70’s Show on television and many others.
She evaded being a wild child at parties and always left parties midway to avoid drugs. Shields reiterated, "I would get invited to Studio 54, but I'd leave before all the craziness and drugs happened. I never saw the bag passed around. Andy Warhol and all those guys were very sweet to me. There was something about me that they wanted to protect and uphold."  She feels highly for her mother and time and again acknowledges her mother Teri for a protective childhood. Brooke further stated, "She wanted me to stay a child for as long as possible, which may seem like a contradiction, but there was this freedom and naivety where I wasn't cognizant of things. I wasn't cognizant enough to know that you would be insecure or uncomfortable." Brooke had a fetish for controversial roles and sashayed them to perfection. A source quoted her saying, "I think that the reason why I was unfazed was because there was an innocence to the characters. In Pretty Baby the director didn't want a little Lolita, he wanted an innocent kid and he got that."

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment