When it comes to Katy Perry's style, let's just say she doesn't always color inside the lines.
20. When she put the hologram in Jem and the Holograms.
1. When she took a GAMBLE on this outfit.
2. When Katy shook her cookies.
3. When she was a one-woman candy shop.
4. When she was the conductor of the Polar Express.
Jason Kempin/Getty Images
5. When she looked like an upside-down cupcake.
Neil Lupin/Getty Images
6. When she Animorphed into a purple kitten.
7. When she was literally Smurfette.
Jemal Countess/Getty Images
8. When she was a broken record.
Jason Merritt/Getty ImagesWe know the drill, Katy.
9. When her go-to makeup brand was Crayola.
10. When she kept her color palette flatly two-dimensional.
Christopher Polk/Getty Images
11. When her hair was so perfectly blue, it looked like it was colored in by a Disney animator.
Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
12. When she unleashed her sci-fi alter ego.
13. When she looked like a spilt can of paint.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
14. When she expressed her love of film to the most literal degree.
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
15. When she wanted to salute America…
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
16. …she did it wrapped in an American flag.
17. When she dressed up in her favorite sweets and basically was a Candy Land board game on the red carpet.
Franziska Krug/Getty Images
18. When she was all coming up roses.
19. When she got scrappy like Tony the Tiger.
Mike Coppola/Getty Images
21. When she expertly channeled Daria and literally WAS the cartoon.