' Coyote Ugly’ Star Comes Out as Lesbia



Truthfully, that’s a fairly diluted headline for what Maria Bello did in her column for the New York Times. Best known for her roles in Coyote Ugly, A History of Violence, and Grown Ups, the 46-year-old shared that she’s in a relationship with another woman, but labeling it as such isn’t that simple.
‘Coyote Ugly’ Star Comes Out as LesbianMaria penned the article, titled “Coming Out as a Modern Family,” which included the gradual announcement that she’s dating girlfriend Clare Munn. She began by reflecting on past relationships she’s had with two men, before discussing who truly caused her to come out: her 12-year-old son Jackson. Although talking about her orientation with her son caused her stress, she knew it was necessary.
“This was the moment I had been anticipating and dreading for months,” she wrote in the post. “I took a deep breath, knowing that my answer, and his response, would have an impact on our lives for a very long time.”

“I was with someone romantically and I hadn’t told him,” but Maria knew she had to as her son grew older and more suspicious of her personal life. “I had become involved with a woman who was my best friend, and, as it happens, a person who is like a godmother to my son.”
“[My son] looked at me for what seemed like an eternity and then broke into a huge, warm smile,” Maria continued. “‘Mom, love is love, whatever you are,’ he said with wisdom beyond his years.”
Maria’s love for her partner also moved her to be open about their relationship. “What had I been waiting for all of these years?” Maria asked in the piece. “She is the person I like being with the most, the one with whom I am most myself.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment