Demi Lovato Talks Partying, Depression and Lyrics!

Demi Lovato really is a badass!

The "Heart Attack" singer covers the August issue of Cosmopolitan where she opens up about being a positive role model, battling depression and her intimate lyrics.
0701_demi_inset
While stars like Ke$ha, Rihanna and Miley Cyrus have embraced their bad girl image, Demi doesn't care about the party scene.

"When I look at someone who's out there partying excessively or rappers rapping about doing drugs, who people look up to, and think, Oh that's a G; that's a gangster. I think, You're actually being a giant p---y. Sorry, but those rockers in the '80s were the furthest thing from rock stars. They were so insecure and so lonely that they had to do these things to get them through the day. If you're spending your entire early 20s chasing the next party, what are you running away from? That's not a badass. What's a badass is when you can sit through your problems and feel emotions when you don't want to have them," she tells the mag.

While Demi doesn't have a problem with drugs, she has had past issues with cutting, bulimia and depression -- and she still struggles with them today.

"There have been nights where I've had to sit on my hands, because I want to act out, because I physically can't sit still in the pain I'm dealing with, from looking back and being bullied or other things that happened. And now, as hard as it may be, I will do that. That's what makes me a badass. Being a badass is handling your sh-t," she adds.

0701_demi_inset2

The 20-year-old has been known to write songs about her past problems, and one lyric in her latest single "Warrior" alludes to some pretty serious abuse.

The lyric goes, "There's a part of me I can't get back/A little girl grew up too fast/All it took was once, I'll never be the same/Now I'm taking back my life today."

On the subject of the telling verse, Demi explains, "My family knows what it's about. When I'm ready to open up that subject with the outside world, then I'll be free to talk about it. But right now, it's kind of one of those things where the lyrics speak for me. It's all in the song."

What do you think of Demi's lyric is about? Tell toofab in the comment section below, and make sure to pick up the August issue of Cosmopolitan on stands July 9.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment