Nigel Lythgoe 'Shocked' by 'Idol' Firing


After executive producer Nigel Lythgoe announced that he had been “asked to leave” the “American Idol” juggernaut, he tells us that it wasn’t the most amicable of splits.
“I left on shocked terms,” Nigel tells Hollyscoop at the Critics' Choice Awards, “I found out when I was just getting back from [vacation]. I just landed in America. I was on [vacation] when I was hearing all the [industry reports] of [my firing] and I was like, ‘Oh no.’ But I think they were waiting for me to get back home so they could tell me face-to-face.”
While “American Idol” figures out what it needs to do to revive ratings, Nigel has his own ideas about his departure.

“My fingers are crossed now in the hopes that they can revitalize [“Idol”],” Nigel tells us, “I don’t take it personally that I’ve been asked to leave, they feel that they need a new injection and if they can do something with that. It’s really important that they keep that show on the air because it gives a platform for American talent that’s out there that may never be seen.”
He’s surprisingly upbeat about it. Then again, nearly a decade at “Idol” has given him a net worth of $100 million, so we wouldn’t be complaining either.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment