7 Love Lessons From Marilyn Monroe [EXPERT]

50 years later, Marilyn Monroe's wisdom is still timeless for women of all ages.

Do you remember where you were when Marilyn Monroe died 50 years ago? I remember her death even though I was just a little girl in summer camp learning how to shoot an arrow. Marilyn had a lot of arrows in her quiver in the form of timeless wisdom.

More from YourTango: 3 Reasons Why You've Got Post Valentines Day Blues [EXPERT]

I often wonder how Marilyn Monroe might have changed and grown had she lived, and how she might have influenced the world and our place in it as women had she not died. Charismatic, shy and self-confident, quick-witted with self-deprecating humor, she is still America's most famous icon because we have chosen to embrace her timelessness and keep her bombshell beauty, witticism and image alive.

Aside from her tragic death and all the speculation around the mystery of the circumstances, I think that some of her ideas should be part of every little girl's education when it comes to being a woman in a man's world and owning your feminine power. Here are some lessons that Marilyn Monroe can teach us today: Over 40 & Single? How To Exude Confidence [EXPERT]

1. "No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't." —Marilyn Monroe

When I was born, my dad exclaimed, "She looks just like a little Marilyn Monroe!" Did I already have an hourglass figure at eight pounds three ounces and a beauty mark? Whatever he saw in me as a newborn, I grew up knowing who Marilyn Monroe was, and that everyone is beautiful and needs to hear it.

Imagine how much healthier women would be if women heard that, if photoshopped pictures weren't creating unattainable and unrealistic images of women. Imagine the world when women love their bodies completely! 5 Steps To Self-Love & Happiness [EXPERT]

2. "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it."  —Marilyn Monroe

More from YourTango: 10 Dos And Don'ts For Healthy Relationship Communication [EXPERT]

Long before all the current, trendy, ongoing discussions about masculine and feminine energy, Marilyn knew how to be a woman in a man's world. Some might argue that in creating her sex-symbol image with tight dresses, diamonds and enviable cleavage, she also created her own love-hate affair with Hollywood and fame. No matter, she did it with class, talent, style and charm that had us at her feet.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment